Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Megan's First Band Performance

Megan had her first Band performance recently and I was shocked at how well the kids played for them only beginning to play their instruments in September of this year. It was a little hard at times to tell what song they were playing but I was so incredibly proud of the job they did.
The Band Instructor told us to watch for them bouncing their feet to the beat of the music, if they kept their eyes on her, and if they held their instruments in the correct resting position. Megan did everything perfect (of course, but I am not prejudice) and did an amazing job.
Here is a picture of her before the concert
I played the flute when I was her age too and I was never as good as she is. She pays attention and is eager to learn and really know her stuff. She can read the music very well, and that was the part I never paid enough attention to.
She is now going to be in Honor's Band which means she will be attending band twice the amount every week that she is currently doing it now. I really hope she keeps this up and continues to play threw High School and beyond. I can see her playing in High School Band and Orchestra.

I was shocked to see so many boys playing flute, I just for some reason didn't think that boys would want to play flute.

It was so funny before the concert began there was so many parent clamoring to get pictures of their kids that the Band Director finally said "okay if you want to get pictures now is the time to do it, for the next 5 minutes take all the pictures you can." Let me tell you the parents went nuts. It was really quite funny to watch. I wasn't able to get the pictures from the right angle I wanted because there was so many relatives taking pictures, I at one point had to even get on a chair to get a shot of Megan.
After her concert we took her out to celebrate her awesome job and we went to her favorite place Yogurtland. She loves that place, she gets about 3 flavors of frozen yogurt, and about 6 toppings, I am surprised she can eat all the stuff she puts in her yogurt, but it makes her happy so I do not care.
When I was a kid my Mom always took us out after any performance at church or school to celebrate and so I wanted to have the same tradition with Megan.

Yesterday I was looking at a picture I found of Megan last year, and I was just overwhelmed and had to sit and stare at the picture for 10 minutes. I can not believe that God blessed me with this awesome loving, beautiful child. I just can not figure out what I did in my life to be blessed with her.
Now I know all parents think their kids are the best, and they should, but I am just awe struck by what an amazing gift from God she is.
She is beautiful, smart (way beyond me at that age), she has a heart of gold, she never wants to hurt anyone in any way, and would be crushed to find out if she has hurt some one's feelings. She loves animals of all shapes, sizes, and breeds. I literally thank God every day for blessing me with her.

So anyways I digress, I look forward to hopefully many more band concert with my Daughter.
and just because I love her and think she is so amazing here is another picture of her from that night.

I probably shouldn't brag about my daughter, but I am so very proud of her and everything she does, so please forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment