Monday, February 14, 2011

Gotta Love Goodwill!

I love Goodwill, heck I love second hand stores. My husband and I went this weekend because Saturday was 50% off day. He needed work clothes and I like to go there any chance I can. I love looking for clothes, household items, items to use on photo shoots, items to make craft projects with, and you name it and I like to buy it at Goodwill or any other second hand store I can find.

Saturday my Husband got 5 dress shirts and about 3 pairs of dress pants for work and I think it came to some where near $25.
I bought like 5 pairs of shorts, one pair of khaki pants, and 3 tops for my daughter and it came to around $25.
I am not saying which Goodwill we went to or which ones I frequent because I love them and want all the good things I find for myself.

I currently have a list of items I am on the hunt for at second hand stores, I need wood decorative picture frames of all sizes and shapes, an decorative stand that may have been for a candle or something like that, that is about 4 to 6 inches high, don't care about the color or anything because it will be getting painted. glass, wood, or metal material for the stand all would be okay I need it to make a cake stand. I am also looking for little cabinets, little tables, book cases, or end tables made of wood that have potential to be re-purposed.
And then I am always looking for clothing items for my self, my family or for the household things.

I just wish I had more time and money to go to more second hand stores. Money is the biggest reason I do not get to go more second hand shopping. I seriously get up Saturday morning at 7 am, not shower or do my hair and shop the entire day and not care how far I have to drive. That would be a dream OR not to have a budget either. I would love to be able to go to second hand stores all over the entire State of Arizona. I am not under an illusions I totally understand and know that one time you can go to your favorite store and find a ton of great items only to come back a week or so later and not find anything good for a month, but I am okay with that. Sometimes that is the fun because you never know what you are going to find IF you find anything at all.
In fact the weekend my Husband and Daughter are going out of town for the entire weekend is 50% off Saturday, but now I am torn between sleeping in super late and then crawling to the couch to spend the ENTIRE day watching HGTV, or getting up early and spending the entire day shopping at Goodwill stores.....
I guess that will eventually be determined by my wallet that weekend. :)
Hope to see you at a second hand store near you!

1 comment: