Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My first Shabby Chic Creations

I bought this cabinet on Craiglist for $30

And I removed all the hardware, sanded it to prep it and then put primer on it, and I thought hand painting was better and so that was what I did. Only to learn that most smart people out the spray paint their furniture, well live and learn this was my first piece.
When I went to the store to pick out paint my Husband went with me and he was over looking and found where you can buy paint for next to nothing because people bought a custom color and for whatever reason didn't buy it. So I found a galon of very good paint in a green I thought would be perfect for the cabinet and the entire gallon of awesome paint cost me $5!
After I painted it, I distressed it and then sprayed it with a Polyruethane coating and below is the end results of my work.
I thought the color would be perfect for it to be shabby chic, and then after I put it on, I thought that this would make a very cute cabinet for a nursery to put baby stuff in.
Well it is currently listed on Craiglist and is for sale.

I am now working on 2 little tables, but unforunately I did not get before pictures of these tables and I really wish I had, because they both were very ugly and now they look beautiful Shabby chic and will be up and available for sale soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment