Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Car Accident! When all I Wanted was Oops Paint from Home Depot

At least I got 2 gallons of Oops Paint before the accident, and was happily on my way home with it when the accident happened. But it was all good because I got a gallon of Behr Paint and Primer in One, in a Satin Finish AND in a nice white for $5.
I also got a nice Behr premium paint, in a very nice off white to beige that was a $26 gallon of paint in an Eggshell finish for $5. So I was happy.
and THEN!........

I am not sure what it is about me, but people LOVE to run into the back of me in my car.
Last night on my way home from Work and buying paint at Home Depot, I was sitting at a red light when I heard that unforgettable shrieking of brakes and tires.
I looked up in the rear view mirror just as a lady in a small Ford Ranger truck slammed HARD into the back of my Jeep Cherokee. I hit my forehead on the steering wheel, my drink in the drink holder went everywhere. As soon as I realized exactly what happened I sat that for a second, and my head hurt, and my back hurt. I just froze, it took me a minute to just think. Of Course, I went to call my husband and couldn't dial the phone, and then I gave him the wrong intersection I was at. I told him an intersection closer to our house and in the opposite direction of where I actually was.
The lady that hit me was a very nice apologetic woman in her 50's, she had just picked up her Dad's truck as her Ford Expedition was in the shop for repairs (thank God). She admitted to not paying attention and running into me.
I was shocked at how hard she hit me, I am not even sure she had begun to slow down for the red light that I was sitting at.
He car appears to be more damaged than mine, she had fluid leaking from the radiator and broken lights, and grill, and who knows what all else that was broke.

My back hatch on the Jeep will not open and is smashed in, the bumper is all messed up, it is part metal and part plastic, and the plastic is about to pop off. Of course who knows what type of damage there is to my Jeep that I can't see. My back and head hurt too much for me to lean down and look under the Jeep last night and surely I am too sore today to bend over and look. I have a bruised lump on my forehead, my lower back hurts, I have been dizzy all day, the bottom of my right foot hurts. and my neck is bothering me and stiff on the right side and hurts at the base of my skull on the right side, I am tired, and HAVE to wear my glasses today as I think my vision sucks a little more today, but it may be because I am so tired. It is actually kind of fun being this dizzy. I am running into things and falling over things.

They asked me if I wanted the Fire dept to come out to the scene last night, but since I had called my Husband first I did not want to have the Fire Dept there and scare my Daughter when Lloyd pulled up with her. Plus I do not like attention or to go to the Hospital unless I am dying. I would have felt like a fool had they showed up to look at my bump and my back, I need there to be blood before I would allow anyone to call the Fire Dept.

This morning I woke up sorer so I am leaving work early to go to the Doctor, I don't know if they can do much, but it will make my Husband happy and I just want to make sure all is okay as I have a Daughter I need to raise, so for her I am going.

My Husband of course was none to happy that his Jeep is damaged, plus right now until it is fixed we can not haul furniture for me to redo, and I wanted to go to an auction tomorrow night.

I am not sure what is is about me that people like to run into ME.
About 7 years ago I was at Desert Ridge and a Escalade backed into me from their parking space, then about 5 months later I was in a line of cars trying to leave a QT mini mart and a guy in a HEARSE backed into me.

Then when Megan was 4 I bought a brand new Kia Sorento, and after I had it about 6 months a guy in a Acura ran into the back of me when I was sitting at a light (again) exiting the 101 freeway. Again the other person's care the worst part of the damage. I think her totaled his car and just wrecked my bummer.

Then again another 4 months after that guy hit me, I was making a right hand turn in Gilbert, and I was sitting at the red light waiting for it to change, because it said "no right turn on red" and a guy in a pick up with a brush guard on it ran into my back end AGAIN. Again had to have bumper replaced and he messed up my exhaust pipe.

Let's hope people stop running into me. I really hope they fix the jeep and make my Husband happy, because I don't want him made at me if something happens to the Jeep, as I can not help it if some one ran into me.
So I haven't had an accident since then, until last night when again some one runs into ME.

I also hate dealing with insurance companies, and now I am missing work to go to Doctor and have to take PTO, and pay a $25 co-pay to go to Doctor, then possible co-pay for meds, and on and on.

I did feel bad for the lady yesterday as she got a ticket for running into me, and I am sure that isn't cheap, or she could take traffic school.

I just want to be able to haul my furniture again!

No comments:

Post a Comment