Friday, January 29, 2010

Megan's BIG date tonight!

Well Megan is going on an unofficial date today with an older boy!
Who is the boy you ask?
Well his name is Austin, he is the son of our friends Lance and Michelle. He is 11yrs old and just a sweet kid.
They are going to a Sock Hop tonight at Austin's school. Megan will be wearing a pink poodle skirt complete with petticoat, saddle shoes and a ponytail. I could not talk her into wearing the cat eye glasses though.
I will be for sure taking lots of pictures tonight for sure.

When I ask Megan if she was interested in going with Austin, she asked "why does he want ME to go with him, he is older than me." I said, "well I hear he thinks you are cute." I said "so do you want to go?" She says "well Mom he thinks I am cute so I don't want to disappoint him."
Seriously how cute is that? She has met him before but could not remember what he looked like so I had Michelle send me a picture of Austin on my cell phone. I sent it to Megan and she showed all her friends at school and now has it as her screen saver on her cell phone.

So tonight is finally here and I hope the adults leave the kids alone and they have a good time, and by this I mean I hope Megan's Big Daddy Lloyd doesn't threaten Austin if he gets near Megan for at least two reason. One it is a dance so that requires them to get a little close. Two, because they are just kids and kids at this age are not in to kissing and doing that kid of stuff with each other. At this age kids may say they have a boyfriend or a girlfriend but typically they don't even talk to each other. What typically happens at this age if a boy likes a girl they chase them on the playground or the boy will be mean to the girl. If a girl likes a boy they just giggle and laugh about it with their girl friends. So Lloyd chill out you have nothing to worry about. Please do not tease them or embarrass them. Just let them have fun!

So tomorrow I will post pictures of the dance! I think I may be more excited then they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment